CURRICULUM & TEACHING METHODOLOGY
The curriculum includes a set of essential knowledge and skills in each content area. There are written curriculum guides, course descriptions, and support materials which are consistently used. The curriculum guides, course descriptions, and support materials which are consistently used. The curriculum reflects a commitment to equity and and appreciation of diversity by recognizing different ways of learning and challenging each student to excel. Darshanam implements a curricular and instructional plan that articulates the goals and expectations for student learning between all levels of schooling. Moreover the curriculum is revised and reviewed on an on-going basis.
Curriculum: The school presently follows the curriculum prescribed by the GSEB for classes 9 to 12 and Somnath Sanskrit University for classes FYBA (Shastri-1), to MA-2 (Acharya-2) Also students learn VED Studies for Std. 6 to 8 (Shukla Yajurveda and Samveda, the curriculum prescribed by Brahmarshi Sandipani Ved Vidya Pratishthanam, Ujjain. DSS also provides the Certificate couese of Lakulish Yog University, Ahmedabad. Curriculum of Yoga is for 1 year. Temple Management, Diploma in Jyotish and Diploma in Karmakand Courses are also running in DSS through Shree Somnath Sanskrit University.
Teaching Methodology: Learning is an ongoing intrinsic part of life. We create a self learning environment which encourages and excites the students to explore the horizons of their intellect in various areas of study. The teaching methodology mainly focuses on the following areas:
* Individual understanding and capacity of the child.
* Encouraging attitude and temperament in the learner.
* Using different learning styles.
* Creating favorable learning environment inside and outside the classroom.
* Utilization of technology, multimedia aids and other resources.
* Group discussions, debate, brain storming sessions and role play.
* Questioning techniques, cooperative learning, field visits, projects & seminars.