DSS : A Brief
Inspired by Lord Shree Swaminarayan's message, given in Shikshapatri, “To promote and propagate Sadvidya the true education in form of the divine language Sanskrit on the planet Earth", H. H. Shastriji Maharaj Shree Dharmajivandasji Swami planted the seeds of the first ever Swaminarayan Gurukul at Rajkot in 1948.
The success of re-living the ancient spiritual and moral values continued to spread in form of many other Gurukuls including two in Ahmedabad; one at Memnagar, and another world class campus at Chharodi known as Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Vishwavidya Pratishthanam (SGVP).
With the blessings of Pujyapad Shree Jogi Swami, the President of SGVP, H. H. Sadguru Shastri Shri Madhavapriyadasji Swami & the CEO, H. H. Sadguru Purani Shri Balkrishnadasji Swami expanded the horizons by establishing 'Darshanam' Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya (DSM) at SGVP in 1999. The DSM, in its working span of more than thirteen years has grown into a resounding success and will now be known as 'Darshanam' Sanskrit Sansthanam (DSS) administered under Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Sarvajiv Hitavah Trust, SGVP.
DSS has germinated into a glorious tree with triadic confluence of three 'S'
Satsang, Sanskar & Sadvidya.
* Students of Shastri, Acharya, and Tattvacharya are selected to serve in the field of Sanskrit literature.
* Huge scope in the schools, colleges and universities around the globe to work as a teacher, lecturer, professor, principal and so on.
* Prospects of serving the nation in administration and other sectors by clearing GPSC,UPSC and other competitive examinations.
* The SGVP envisions a future where many more institutes like DSS will be functioning to reestablish the ancient language Sanskrit and spreading its contribution to all spheres of humankind. The students of DSS will have an edge over others to serve in such organizations.
For smooth living and creating a learning-conducive atmosphere, DSS offers the following facilities to its students:
* Well-ventilated classrooms
* Smart Class
* Separate classes for Shastras
* Comfortable hostel rooms
* Nutritious and healthy meals
* Well-resourced library
* Well-equipped IT Lab
* Language Lab
* Science Lab
* Prayer Hall
* Audio - Visual Hall
* Conference Hall
* Offices (Principal & Admin)
* Examination office